Does social media like Snapchat, distracts you? There can be other very solid reasons that can urge you to delete your Snapchat account. And the process to delete your Snapchat account is super fast and straightforward, but unfortunately, you can not delete the Snapchat account right from the Snapchat app.
But don’t worry, here is an ultimate step by step guide for deleting your Snapchat account.
Here are some reasons because of which many people are leaving Snapchat.
- It is really addictive, and sending funky faces to your friends is an early age thing, and with the time you get older, you see it as a time waster or immature thing to do.
- Because of Privacy issues. Snapchat uses your information for business purposes and to show you the targeted ads according to your profile and interest. Snapchat gets your interests by spying on the things you share, the things you like, and the things you hate.
- It takes a lot of space on your phone. So comparing this fact that Snapchat expands itself in up to 1GB of your phone ROM, does it provide the competitive value? For most people; No! And this is the pretext to get rid of this addiction that refrains you from productivity in life.
So what’s your reason to delete your Snapchat account? Let us know in the comments.
Now let’s talk about the method to Delete your Snapchat account in a few steps.
Note: This will not permanently delete the account according to the Snapchat privacy and policies, but it will take 30 days.
Delete the Snapchat account From iPhone or Android
As I mentioned early, you can not delete your Snapchat account from your mobile app directly. Yes, there is an option in the app, but that will redirect you the webpage, and then you can safely delete your Snapchat account.
Follow these step to delete the Snapchat account.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android.
- Log into your Snapchat account.
- After the successful login, Tap your Picture (Avatar).
4. In the next page, tap the settings icon.
5. In the next page, tap the settings icon.
6. Go to My account settings.
7. In the next menu from the Account information, select Delete my account.
It will guide you and redirect you to the “Delete the account” Webpage. There you have to login again. Once you have logged in again, after a single confirmation, your account will be Deleted.
Note: When you are deleting the Snapchat account from the phone, there is a high chance that the menu titles, as mentioned above, can be changed a little bit after the Help center. This happens after the app update.
Delete Snapchat account from PC or Web Directly
Deleting the Snapchat account from Browser or PC is faster and accessible. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open this URL in any browser, https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account
- Enter your login details and click on delete my account.
- Now after logging into your account, click continue.
- Congrats! Your Snapchat account has been successfully deleted.
How to Permanently Delete your Snapchat Account
You have read the above method to delete the Snapchat account, but that actually deactivate the account. Snapchat account cannot be deleted in a single click.
If you want to delete your Snapchat account permanently, then do not sign in to your account for 30 days after deactivating your account, in this way your account will be deleted permanently.
But if you will read the terms and condition of Snapchat, you will come to know that, even after 30 days the account information does not get deleted, and Snapchat can use that information for business purposes in the future according to the terms and conditions.
Useful Reads: How to Delete Your Facebook Account in 3 easy steps
Do you want to get rid of the Snapchat addiction?
Deletion of a Snapchat account is not a complicated process.
You just have to go to the Delete Account page and log in into your Snapchat account. After a single confirmation, your account will be deleted. But you have 30 days to reconsider your decision. After 30 days, the account will be unrecoverable. Please let us know in comments if you face any difficulties deleting your Snapchat account.